St. Vital Dental Centre adopts the following general office policies in our efforts to provide
quality patient care that protects their rights as a patient.
1. In the case of all appointments, we request patients confirm their presence at the
scheduled time. St. Vital Dental Centre reserves the right to replace an appointment
if the confirmation is not given 24 hours prior the scheduled time.
2. Appointments cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled time are considered failed
appointments. St. Vital Dental Centre reserves the right to refuse scheduled
appointments after 3 failures and that patient may only be allowed to schedule
appointments on the day it is requested.
3. Film radiographic imagery is disposed of after possession for 15 years due to poor
quality and diagnostic relevance. Patient insurance statements and information are
stored for 2 years. In all situations, patient information is destroyed removing any
identifiers and complies with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
4. St. Vital Dental Centre strives to best manage all patient insurance/benefit plans and
communicate to the best of our ability the patient financial responsibility ahead of
service dates. It is however the plan holder’s responsibility for any charges
exceeding a patient’s annual benefit. It is also the patient’s responsibility to ensure
his or her insurance benefit is active on the day service is completed.
5. St. Vital Dental Centre requires an approved pre-authorization from insurance
companies prior to commencement of any major procedures. The patient may elect
to proceed with the procedure prior to pre-authorization return but is required to
pay in full at time of service and is required to pay any outstanding balance the
insurance company refuses to reimburse.
6. St. Vital Dental Centre may refuse to provide service for a patient if the individual is
part of a family with an outstanding balance not covered by insurance. We also
request any balance be settled prior to releasing patient radiographs to other health
If you have any questions or concerns about any of our office policies, please ask, we are
here to help you!